This is a different type of shopping experience for several reasons:
1. We are NOT Amazon - we're a tiny company based in Winnipeg Canada and I do all the collection curating and box packing myself (and the extraordinary Elizabeth is back again this Christmas to handle all of our Customer Service)
2. All our items are imported from Europe...and they come in in limited quantities so once they are sold (or pre-sold) they are gone (there will not be another shipment coming from Europe)
3. Some items are already in stock and ready to ship to you while other items only arrive from Europe in late October (especially the edible items). Availability of each item is indicated under the Add to Cart button - see note below.
So what happens when you buy something today from Gingerbread World??
If you are purchasing only INSTOCK items your order will be packed within 2 working days and shipped to you.
If you are purchasing items that are indicated as PRE-ORDER your whole order (both Instock and Pre-Order items) will be shipped when all items on the order are in stock.
In either case your credit card will be charged today. And your items will be taken out of inventory so that no one else can claim them before they arrive.
Frequently Asked Questions
If I order a Pre-Order item today when will my credit card (or PayPal account) be charged?
You will be charged today to reserve a Pre-Order item that will be shipped later in the Fall after it arrives in our Canadian warehouse from Europe.
Why do I have to pay now for an item I won't get for a few months?
Only one shipment of each category is brought into Canada each year. If you want a specific item it is a good idea to reserve it now with your payment or risk it being out of stock later in the Fall. For the past three years Lebkuchen items have sold out by December 2 with many of the most popular items selling out in October and November.
Can you tell me approximately when my item will be available?
Here are some general dates for each category - this is when the items arrive in our warehouse in Winnipeg Canada:
- Lebkuchen Schmidt and Gluten Free Lebkuchen - arrive early November
- Advent Calendars - arrive late October
- Chocolate, Marzipan and Confections - arrive late October
- Gingerbread World Gift Chests and Totes - early November (unless otherwise indicated)
- Glass Tree Ornaments - arrive mid-September
- Wooden Ornaments (Smokers, Nutcrackers, Nativities, etc.) - most are in stock and ready to ship now
How can I tell if a product is a Pre-Order item or a ready-to-ship item?
Just below the "Add to Cart" button you will see a box called "Availability" explaining if the item is an Instock item that is available to ship right away (so long as it hasn't sold out) or if it is a PRE-ORDER item that you are reserving to have shipped to you later when it arrives from Germany in our Canadian warehouse.
What if some of the items I choose are available now and some later?
Gingerbread World ships all items at ONE TIME. That means that your order will wait until all items are in stock and available to ship. HOWEVER...you may choose to split your order and have in stock items shipped right away BUT...you will be charged freight for both orders.
What if I have questions down the road about where my order is at?
We would be happy to answer those questions as best we can. You are welcome to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or to call us toll free at 1-800-309-5559. We are a really small company and if it's not me answering your call it will be Elizabeth (hope for Elizabeth to answer - she's better at it!!!).
Thanks so much,
Owner @ Gingerbread World