This is a different type of shopping experience for several reasons:
1. We are NOT Amazon - we're a tiny company based in Winnipeg Canada and I do all the collection curating, order taking and box packing myself (although I'm hoping my two girl friends will come help me out again this season!)
3. Items generally arrive from Europe in late October - especially the edible items like Lebkuchen (German gingerbread), Chocolate and Marzipan (this way they are fresh for the Holiday Season)
4. Some items are already in stock - but most arrive later in Fall
So what happens when you buy something today from Gingerbread World??
When you shop and purchase something today from Gingerbread World you are Pre-Ordering your items...you are reserving your items so that when the shipment arrives from Europe you get what you want.
Your credit card will be charged today. And your items will be taken out of inventory so that no one else can claim them before they arrive.
Frequently Asked Questions
If I order a Pre-Order item today when will my credit card (or PayPal account) be charged?
You will be charged today to reserve a Pre-Order item that will be shipped later in the Fall when it arrives in our Canadian warehouse from Europe.
Why do I have to pay now for an item I won't get for a few months?
Only one shipment of each category is brought into Canada each year. If you want a specific item it is a good idea to reserve it now with your payment or risk it being out of stock later in the Fall. For the past two years Lebkuchen items have sold out by December 2 with many of the most popular items selling out in October and November.
Can you tell me approximately when my item will be available?
Here are some general dates for each category - this is when the items arrive in our warehouse in Winnipeg Canada:
- Lebkuchen Schmidt and Gluten Free Lebkuchen - arrive early November
- Advent Calendars - arrive late October
- Chocolate, Marzipan and Confections - arrive late October
- Gingerbread World Gift Chests and Totes - early November (except the Gummy Bear Box with journal - it is available in September)
- Inge-Glas Glass Tree Ornaments - arrive mid-September
- Wooden Ornaments (Smokers, Nutcrackers, Nativities, etc.) - some are in stock and ready to ship now - look for a tab in the Description marked Available Now, new items arrive mid-October
- German Foods Boxes - in stock and ready to ship
How can I tell if a product is in stock or not?
Just above the Product Description box there are 1-4 tabs (Description, Specs, German, Pre-Order Item/In Stock Item). If the item you are looking at has a tab that says "In Stock Item" or "Available" that product is in stock and may be shipped right away (so long as your order only contains other In Stock items). If the tab says "Pre-Order Item" this item is not yet in stock and by purchasing it today you are reserving it to be shipped to you when it arrives in our warehouse.
What if some of the items I choose are available now and some later?
Gingerbread World ships all items at ONE TIME. That means that your order will wait until all items are in stock and available to ship. HOWEVER...you may choose to split your order and have in stock items shipped right away BUT...you will be charged freight for both orders.
What if I have questions down the road about where my order is at?
We would be happy to answer those questions as best we can. You are welcome to email us at email@example.com or to call us toll free at 1-800-309-5559. We are a really small company and I answer most of the calls myself!
Thanks so much,
Owner @ Gingerbread World